There are many treatment options available to treat and manage dry eye. Occasionally, multiple therapies may be combined to alleviate your dry eye symptoms.
There has been a common misconception that once dry eye symptoms have subsided, you no longer have to continue using the drops or therapies prescribed by your doctor. This is not true! Dry Eye is a chronic disease. Once you discontinue your dry eye regimen, the symptoms will come back!
Therapies must be constantly maintained to keep the symptoms of dry eye at bay.
Depending on the type of dry eye, there are many treatment options available:
- Retaine MGD – for Evaporative Dry Eye
- Retaine CMC – for Aqueous Deficient Dry Eye
- Blinking exercises
- Lid Hygiene (Learn how proper lid hygiene can help minimize dry eye symptoms)
- Warm compress (Bruder Eye Moist Heat Compress)
- Moisture Chamber Goggles
- Omega-3 oils (HydroEye)
- Punctal plugs
- Avenova (Click here to learn more)
- Restasis and/or Xiidra
- Meibomian Gland Expression – Lipiflow **Vision Optique now offers LipiFlow treatments at our office!
- Intensed Pulsed Light Therapy for MGD **Vision Optique now offers IPL treatments at our office!